Friday, March 7, 2008

Following Alice down the rabbit hole

How did I get here? Alice showed me the way, or more specifically, AshBo. Whateverlife.com has created a huge following of people jumping on the bandwagon hoping for riches, or (in my case) a way to pay my car note so I can rest a little easier at night.

Whateverlife.com was created by Ashbo, and if you haven't heard about her yet, she's all over the place, one article in particular can be found here:
http://www.doshdosh.com/case-study-of-teenage-millionaire-ashley-qualls/

Who am I? Well, in this case, I'll define it by what I am NOT. I'm not the kid in high school who was hacking into the school computers to change his grades. I'm not the guy you read about who was an internet prodigy before there was internet. I'm a regular guy using the tools out there to make a website that other people would want to use.

I have never taken a single programming course. I've never sat through the html book. I never learned css or javascript. I pick up as I go, using snippets of what other people have put together to make it work for me. My websites are all made using dreamweaver. My images are all manipulated using adobe fireworks. My codes are nabbed from everywhere.

Why am I telling you this? Simple, because you can do it too! I encourage anyone following this blog to take a look around. I want to leave detailed instructions on how to make it work for you, as well.


If you ever have any questions, I'll be checking comments here, or you can join our forum at myspacespiceshop.com/community

No comments: