Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The joys of php

If you can get the basic script up and running on your site, it's worth it. What else can I say about this?

How about an example? I've got a basic php script that works a little bit like this:

*go to this folder and get content*
*post that content first as an image, then with this code using that image's filename*
repeat ad absurdum.

It looks a little bit like this:

myspacespiceshop.com/sitephp.txt **edit... link is broken. Site no longer exists.

I would have posted the code here... but I can't get it to disable on blogger. I'm such an awesome programmer, right?

Anyway, yoursite is your site's url, obviously, and the path after it would naturally be where you keep the pictures. With this code, I added some 26 pages of comments to the site pretty quickly. If you want to play around with it, feel free! This *relatively* simple program has made my life easier, and given me the opportunity to really dig into what I enjoy most, which is getting comments together, instead of building trivial page after page.

Don't get me wrong, site building is great, but site REbuilding is just annoying!

No comments: